Your Pre-Visit Checklist for a Better Local Dental Checkup
Taking care of your teeth and gums is a lifelong commitment. One of the most important things you can do to keep your mouth healthy is to keep up with regular dental checkups. Maintaining your regular checkups helps your teeth stay clean and strong, and it allows us to monitor your teeth over long periods. We know that regular checkups may not be your favorite thing, but here are a few ways you can prepare for your visit to make your checkup a little easier.
Preparing for your checkup is just as important as showing up. These are a few things you can do to ensure your dental checkup goes as smoothly as possible.
- Call to Confirm Your Appointment: If you feel unsure about the time or date of your appointment, give us a call, and we will be happy to confirm the details!
- Bring Important Information: If it is your first visit with us, be sure to bring important information such as: 1. Dental records or information about your previous dental offices 2. Payment and insurance information 3. Medication information
- Rest Up the Night Before: Getting a good night of rest the night before your visit will help calm your nerves and help you feel better coming into your appointment.
- Plan to Arrive Early: This one is simple! Give yourself plenty of time to travel to our office, find parking, and get settled once you arrive. We may also have questions or paperwork for you, so giving yourself a few extra minutes is always ideal.
- Have Your Questions or Concerns Prepared Ahead of Time: Regular checkups are typically scheduled six months apart, and you may encounter some questions about your dental health. Write your questions or concerns down on paper or make a note on your phone and ask us about these things during your visit. We are always available to answer your questions, but it is good practice to discuss your questions or concerns during your checkups!
Coming in for your local dental checkups can be scary, and that’s okay! We work to ensure that your dental checkups are as comfortable as possible, but we know that they can still cause anxiety and nervousness. Here are a few tips on easing your nerves during your visit.
- Share Your Feelings: If you feel a little uneasy, let us know! We want to make sure that you receive the best care and that you are as comfortable as possible. We will work with you to make sure that we get through your checkup with ease.
- Remember to Breathe: Focus on taking deep, slow breaths during your visit. This will increase your oxygen levels and help you bring your stress levels down.
- Use Our Comfort Menu : We know that the sights and sounds of a dentist’s office can be a little scary. We offer tablets, noise-canceling headphones, blankets, and pillows to help you relax.
Schedule Your Local Dental Checkup
Maintaining your regular dental checkups is an easy but very important part of keeping up with your teeth and gums. We want you to look forward to visiting our office and feel comfortable working with us. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, contact us today!